Bunts Sangha’s S.M.Shetty College of Science, Commerce and Management Studies were established in 2008 by Bunts Sangha, Mumbai. The college is affiliated to the University of Mumbai.
Bunts Sangha, Mumbai was established in 1927 as a Charitable Trust and devoted itself to the cause of education, health care and social reforms of downtrodden and underprivileged class of people. The Sangha has been in the service of people for almost nine decades. Initially, the Sangha established two night schools mainly to cater the needs of working students during the day time. During the last decade, more emphasis was given to the education for the masses.
Bunt’s Sangha’s S.M. Shetty College of Science, Commerce and Management Studies is committed to the promotion and propagation of quality education with excellence. The main focus is to impart domain specific knowledge, flexible skill mix, positive attitudes, ethically sound values and continuous learning habits through reflective thinking in a student. The objective is to unleash the human potential within students for excelling in the chosen educational field. Our earnest attempt is to see that all this should take place with a sense of purpose, pride, direction and commitment.
‘Personality Development for Nation Building’
Young minds to discover and develop their potential in an environment conducive to learning.
Technically competent young individuals with practical skills
Socially conscious and morally upright global citizens for a new India.
- Continuous growth of our students through continuous growth of teachers.
- To unleash the human potential within students by providing necessary forum for co- curricular and extra- curricular activities.
- Take efforts to introduce the students to the contemporary realities of the world.
- To maintain good academic standards through innovative and effective teaching and learning methods.
- To imbibe the students with ethically sound and socially useful values along with the curriculum and make them socially responsible citizens for a new India.
The college has formally stated quality policy as under
"To make the institution as student-centric with continuous upgradation of knowledge of the faculty which in turn benefit the stakeholder in general and students in particular to serve the society and meet the global challenge."