LRC at Bunts Sangha’s S.M. Shetty College of Science, Commerce & Management Studies, inaugurated on 30/09/2010 is a fully Air conditioned Library with a seating capacity of 207. The reading room is Wi-Fi enabled & is open for 12 hours from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. The library collection comprises of books, journal, magazines, newspapers, CD-ROMs, geographical resources & theses. The Library housekeeping operations are automated through SOUL Library Software.
The Library has subscription to NLIST (by UGC - INFLIBNET), through which students & teachers can access many electronic resources like full-text of more than 6000+ e-journals and 1,35,000+ e-books. The Library has institutional membership to Tata Institute of Social Sciences Library. Students are provided with computers with internet facility for their project & study work. The library collection can be searched through SOUL Web OPAC. Access to many subject related free online resources is provided through the library digital repository. The Library houses a separate Teacher’s Corner for Teachers where computer terminals are provided along with printer & scanner facility. The library is secured by CCTV cameras & fire extinguishers.
Best Practices Followed:
- 12 hours of library timings.
- Electronic tracking of library footfall.
- Content page service to teachers through mail.
- Plagiarism check of research papers through Plagiarism Checker X software.
- Special service titled ‘SDI Service’ to the research scholars.
- Reference service & information search service for students especially for their project work, or research papers.
- Daily news alert & information sharing through Whatsapp.
- Digital library services through library website and digital repository.
- Programme-wise library orientation programmes for freshers.
- On demand sessions for the students like guidance on plagiarism prevention, making google forms, various types of information sources & how to search for information etc.
- Notice board dedicated to information about careers, job vacancies etc.
- Free Wi-Fi facility.
- Topper’s Card to top 10 meritorious students.
- 3 separate library cards (Textbooks, Reference Books & Fiction Books) to encourage use of all kinds of books.
- Extended due period of 14 days for PG students.
- Book Bank facility.
- Provision for students for putting requisition for library purchase.
For more information about the library:
Visit SMSC Library Website (provide link as https://sites.google.com/site/smsclibrary/)
Click here to access SMSC Library Digital Repository (provide link as https://sites.google.com/site/smscdigilib/)