Sports include all forms of competitive physical activities or games, which through casual or organized participation aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators. Sports are generally recognized as a system of activities that are based on physical athleticism or physical dexterity. It is usually governed by a set of rules or customs, which serve to ensure fair competition, and allow consistent adjudication of the winner.
The sports department our college strongly believes in overall personality development of students. We inculcate the spirit of sportsmanship and discipline in our students through coaching and conducting various extra-curricular activities.
The objective of our sports department is to cater to the needs of sports persons for Inter-Collegiate, State and National Level competitions.
The sports department of our college encourages it’s students to participate in varied team and individual sports such as Cricket, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Handball, Badminton, Kabaddi, Table Tennis, Judo, Carom, Chess, etc.
- To increase participation and members in the collegegym.
- To conduct Personality Development for ourstudents.
- To cater to the needs of sports persons for University and National Levelcompetitions.
- To promote excellence in all round physicaldevelopment.
- To emphasize on extra-curricularactivities.
- To inculcate competitive spirit and sportsmanship amongyouth.
FACILITIES FOR OUR STUDENTS:
- Common room (GCR &BCR)
- Information and guidance for all UniversitySports
- Exposure to inter-collegiatetournaments
- Meeting of Class SportsRepresentatives
- To organize 2 University Tournaments (Indoor andOutdoor).
- To conduct College team selection trial for UniversityTournaments.
- To organise an Inter-Departmental Sports Week so that teams can be identified to participate in Inter-Collegiatefestivals.
- To organize Sports Nutrition events for betterperformance.
- To motivate the girls of our college to participate in sportsevents.
- To organize interactive session for sports students throughIQAC.
- To involve coordinators and class teachers for positive response from students for participation insports.
SPORTS COMMITTEE: TEACHER INCHARGE:
- Rohini Shetty (PhysicalDirector)
- Darshit Shetty(S.Y.B.A.F)
- Akshit Michael (F.Y.B.M.S)
OUR BEST PERFORMERS FOR THE YEAR 2017- 2018:
- MrudulParab (S.Y.B.Sc.I.T) – Best player award,Reliance.
- Viraj Shetty (M.Com) – First place in YuvaSena.
- AmayKambil (F.Y.B.Com) – Best player award,Reliance.
- ShubhamPallekar (F.Y.B.Sc.I.T) – Best player award,Reliance.
- Nehal Shetty (S.Y.B.M.S) -Football.
- MrudulParab (S.Y.B.Sc.I.T) -Football.
OUR EX – STUDENT’S ACHIEVEMENTS:
NAME : Mr.Akshay Rajendra Saraf
- Played for Mumbai University Football Team in Jan 2017 atBhopal.
- Played for India U20 Futsal team at Futsal World Cup U-20 held at Concepcion, Chile in October2016.
- Played for Mumbai Futsal team in September 2015 at National tournament held at Balewadi, Pune.
- Played for Indian Team at Arena Soccer World Cup 2015, held at USA in March2015.
NAME : Mr. Viraj Shetty
- Achieved Best Athlete Award among Bunt Sangha’s all over Mumbai in2014
- Achieved Best Athlete Award among Bunt Sangha’s all over Mumbai in2015
- Secured 3rd Rank in Open Weight Judo Tournament conducted by Mumbai Universityin January,2015
- Secured 1st Rank in Judo Tournament – Weight Category : 66 conducted by Mumbai University in November,2016
- Secured 5th Rank in All India University Judo Competition in December,2016
- Played Judo Junior National Tournament in January,2017
Name : Monish Nikam ,T.Y.B.COM
- Achieved ‘Guinness World Record’ in the longest duration spinning basketball on a Toothbrush for 46.16 seconds.
- Performed for Tata Motors in auto expo, Tata Tiago car launch for Tata Motors, Esports Championship 2016, Champions league trophy tour 2017, Arsenal screening 2017, Powai Run Marathon 2017.
- Worked with AyushmannKhurana and Parineeti Chopra in a movie named ‘MeriPyariBindu’ for tittle song ‘Ye Jawaani Teri’ in 2017.
- Invited as special guest in St. Andrews College for his performance.
- Invited as judge for colleges such as Kelkar College, Mulund, S.M. Shetty College, Powai and Chandraban Sharma College, Powai.
- Invited as Chief Guest in St. Arnold’s College for annual sports day.
- Also part of a reality show named ‘India BanegaManch’
SPORTS DEPARTMENT REPORT ON SELECTION TRIALS FOR FIRST YEAR DEGREE ADMISSION
The Sports Department of our college organized a series of selection trial matches for admissions of First Year Degree Courses through sports quota on 12th& 13th June, 2018 9.00AMonwards. This was a chance for those students who have passed out HSC (or equivalent) examination in AY 2017-18 and are seeking admissions through sports quota in our college in courses like FYBCOM, FYBMS, FYBSCIT, FYBCOM (Accounting& Finance), FYBCOM (Banking & Insurance) and FYBMM through performance in sports.
The objective of this selection trial was to get excellent sports players inindividual as well as team games. In order to invite responses from various students, we communicated about this event through our social media pages on Instagram and Facebook also through printed banners.
We received a very good response from players from Maharashtra as well as other states who were eager to showcase their talent in Football, Cricket, Volleyball, Basketball and Individual Games making it a great success. Our Physical Education Director, Mrs. Rohini Shetty along with the team coaches were the panel members of this selection trial.
SPORTS DEPARTMENT REPORT ON INTER-CLASS FOOTBALL COMPETITION
An inter-class Football competition (Boys) was organized by Sports Department on 7th July, 2018 10:00AM onwards. Students from Second and Third Year of BCOM, BMS, BSCIT, BCOM (Accounting& Finance), BCOM (Banking & Insurance) and BMM classestook part with great enthusiasm.
The objective of this competition was to identify the potential in players for creating a team to represent our college at University level competitions. Mrs. Rohini Shetty, Physical Education Director of the College and Mr. NishanFernandes, Football coach took the responsibility of selection of the team.
After playing rounds of tough matches, the following classes bagged the winning positions
S.Y.B.COM – First Position
T.Y.BMS – First Runner’s Up