Sports include all forms of competitive physical activities or games, which through casual or organized participation aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants, and in some cases, entertainment for spectators. Sports are generally recognized as a system of activities that are based on physical athleticism or physical dexterity. It is usually governed by a set of rules or customs, which serve to ensure fair competition, and allow consistent adjudication of the winner.
The sports department our college strongly believes in overall personality development of students. We inculcate the spirit of sportsmanship and discipline in our students through coaching and conducting various extra-curricular activities.
The objective of our sports department is to cater to the needs of sports persons for Inter-Collegiate, State and National Level competitions.
The sports department of our college encourages it’s students to participate in varied team and individual sports such as Cricket, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Handball, Badminton, Kabaddi, Table Tennis, Judo, Carom, Chess, etc.
- To increase participation and members in the college gym.
- To conduct Personality Development for our students.
- To cater to the needs of sports persons for University and National Level competitions.
- To promote excellence in all round physical development.
- To emphasize on extra-curricular activities.
- To inculcate competitive spirit and sportsmanship among youth.
Facilities For Our Students:
- Common room (GCR & BCR)
- Information and guidance for all University Sports
- Sports Equipments
- Inter-department tournaments
- Exposure to inter-collegiate tournaments
- Coaching fraternity
- Meeting of Class Sports Representatives
- Gymkhana facility
- To organize 2 University Tournaments (Indoor and Outdoor).
- To conduct College team selection trial for University Tournaments.
- To organise an Inter-Departmental Sports Week so that teams can be identified to participate in Inter-Collegiate festivals.
- To organize Sports Nutrition events for better performance.
- To motivate the girls of our college to participate in sports events.
- To organize interactive session for sports students through IQAC.
- To involve coordinators and class teachers for positive response from students for participation in sports.
- Mrs. Rohini Shetty (Physical Director)
- Mr. Ashish Navik
- Mr. Darshit Shetty( S.Y.B.A.F)
- Mr. Akshit Michael (F.Y.B.M.S)
Our Best Performers For The Year 2017- 2018:
- Mrudul Parab (S.Y.B.Sc.I.T) - Best player award, Reliance.
- Viraj Shetty (M.Com) - First place in Yuva Sena.
- Amay Kambil (F.Y.B.Com) - Best player award, Reliance.
- Shubham Pallekar (F.Y.B.Sc.I.T) - Best player award, Reliance
- Nehal Shetty (S.Y.B.M.S) - Football.
- Mrudul Parab (S.Y.B.Sc.I.T) - Football.
Our Ex – Student’s Achievements:
- Played for Mumbai University Football Team in Jan 2017 at Bhopal.
- Played for India U20 Futsal team at Futsal World Cup U-20 held at Concepcion, Chile in October 2016.
- Played for Mumbai Futsal team in September 2015 at National tournament held at Balewadi, Pune.
- Played for Indian Team at Arena Soccer World Cup 2015, held at USA in March 2015.