Library & Research - About
LRC at Bunts Sangha’s S.M. Shetty College of Science, Commerce & Management Studies, inaugurated on 30/09/2010 is a fully Air conditioned Library with a seating capacity of 207. The reading room is Wi-Fi enabled & is open for 12 hours from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. The Library houses collection of both Junior & Degree College. The current collection of the degree college section is 9,296 volumes of books, 53 periodical titles & 13 newspapers. The Library housekeeping operations are automated through SOUL Library Software.
The Library has subscription to NLIST (by UGC – INFLIBNET), through which students & teachers can access many electronic resources like full-text of more than 6000+ e-journals and 1,35,000+ e-books. The Library has institutional membership to British Council Library & Tata Institute of Social Sciences Library. Students are provided with ten computers with internet facility for their project & study work. The Library collection can be searched through SOUL Web OPAC. Access to many subject related free online journals is provided through Directory of Open Access Journals(DOAJ). The Library houses a separate Teacher’s Corner for Teachers where 7 computer terminals are provided along with 1 printer & 1 printer-cum-scanner. The library is secured by 5 CCTV cameras.
- Topper’s card to top 10 students of each semester of each course.
- To encourage the use of reference books & to inculcate good reading habits, students are given 3 different library cards – Textbook Card, Reference Book Card & General Reading Card.
- PG students are given extended loan period of 14 days.
- Contents page service to teachers on a regular basis.
- Reader’s Club
- Articles of interest to the college & related to the course syllabus are displayed in the ‘Information Corner’ on a regular basis
- Information about part-time jobs & career related articles are displayed in the ‘Employment Corner’ on a regular basis
- Extension activities like Book Review Competition, Essay Writing, Reference Book Displays, Book Exhibition etc. to promote Library resources & services
|MAPS||4 + 1 Globe + 2 Atlases|
|QUESTION PAPERS||2011 onwards|
|E-BOOKS||1,35,000 + titles|
|E-JOURNALS||6,000 + titles|
|Online Catalogue (SOULWeb OPAC)||http://192.168.1.134/soulwebopac/main.aspx|
- College Identity Card (ID) is compulsory for entry in the Library. The same has to be deposited near the counter after entering.
- It is mandatory for every user to make entry in the In-Out Register.
- Mobile phones are strictly restricted in the reading room.
- Students are required to deposit their bags, carry bags etc. at the baggage counter near the library entrance.
- Books can be taken for reading only on College ID card. Books taken for reading should not be taken outside the Library.
- Magazines, journals, newspapers etc. taken for reading should be replaced back at their respective racks.
- Any library material taken for reading should not be damaged by means of any markings, drawing, tearing etc. In such cases the reader will be asked to replace the same.
- Readers are required to maintain absolute silence in the reading room. Group discussions, teaching classmates etc. is not allowed in the library reading room.
For home issuing facility, students are required to fill up the demand slip half an hour in advance of issuing. Degree College students are given 3 Library cards – for Textbook, Reference Book & General Reading Book.
|DETAILS||STUDENTS (UG Courses)||STUDENTS (PG Courses)||STUDENTS (Junior College)||STAFF (Teaching & Non-Teaching)|
|No. of Books||1 / per card||1 / per card||1 / per card||10 at a time|
|Loan Period||7 days||14 days||7 days||1 year|
|Late Fine||Rs.1/- per day||Rs.1/- per day||Rs.1/- per card||nil|
|Issue Timings||9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.||7:15 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.||1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.||7:15 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.|
Code of Conduct for using Library Computers
- All users are allowed to use the library computers for their study or research work.
- Internet facility & MS Office is provided in all Library Computers.
- Student users are instructed to finish their work at the earliest & not to occupy the computer for a longer duration.
- Users are instructed not to load or delete any programs in the Library computers.
- Any files created or downloaded should be deleted after their use.
- Pen drives should be allowed for full scan before use.
|Ms Smitha Ravindranath||B.Sc.,M.L.I.Sc., NET||Librarian|
|Mrs Vandana Gharge||B.A., M.L.I.Sc.||Library Assistant|
|Mr Dattatrey Dubal||B.Com||Attendant|
|Mrs Geeta Shetty||S.S.C.||Attendant|
|Reading Room||7:00 am to 7:00 pm|
|Lending (Degree College)||9:30 am to 1:00 pm|
|Lending (Junior College)||1:00 pm to 5:00 pm|